Copyright, Terms, Conditions
Unless noted otherwise, all textual content of the Designation-Systems.Net website is the intellectual property of the author, Andreas Parsch. Exceptions are explicitly indicated where applicable (this applies e.g. to subsites and pages provided by other authors).
For private, non-commercial purposes (like e.g. openly accessible websites), you may use the textual content of this site under the "fair use" term of the copyright rules. I.e., you can use Designation-Systems.Net as reference source for your own work just like any other public source. Verbatim copies of parts of the site (including direct translations into other languages) on other non-commercial websites (i.e. "mirroring") are also allowed, provided that
- It is made clear that the material is copyrighted by the original author
- Designation-Systems.Net is mentioned as the source of the material
- For websites, a link to Designation-Systems.Net is provided
- The webmaster of Designation-Systems.Net, Andreas Parsch, is notified by e-mail
Use of the material on Designation-Systems.Net for commercial purposes requires the explicit permission of the author.
No guarantee whatsoever is given about the accuracy of the information provided on the Designation-Systems.Net website. Use the information at your own risk. The author of Designation-Systems.Net is not affiliated with the military industry, the aerospace industry, the government or the military services of any country. All information on this site was derived from unclassified sources and might contain errors, omissions and misleading statements.
Photos, drawings and other images on the Designation-Systems.Net website are not copyrighted by the author of this site. In general, they fall under the categories
- (a) public domain (applicable to most official photos released by the military)
- (b) free for non-commercial use (applicable to most corporate and many museum images)
- (c) used with explicit permission from the owner (applicable to all images from private websites and many from museum websites)
- (d) assumed to fall under (a) or (b) (applicable to images in printed media where no image owner is identified)
Note for webmasters: "Hotlinking" of images on Designation-Systems.Net is forbidden, and actually disabled by the server software. I.e., you cannot directly link to a JPG or GIF file on Designation-Systems.Net from another website. Instead you have to link to the HTML page which displays the image(s).
Last Updated: 27 April 2004